FAFSA - Application opens October 1st. Click HERE for more information!
* You need to create a FSA ID first! This is your login information for the FAFSA. Both the parent and the student need to create a FSA ID. Click HERE to create your FSA ID.
FAFSA Filing Night at UHS!!! Wednesday, October 12th at 6:00 - come out any time
Actually fill out the FAFSA with a JWCC representative to guide the way. You can fill out the FAFSA on your own anytime after October 1st.
FILL OUT FAFSA ASAP AFTER October 1ST
7 Easy Steps to Filling out the FAFSA - A tutorial provided by U of Cal
Walks you through every step making the process EASY
What is the FAFSA?
- Free Application for Student Aid - Determines student financial aid
- Students receive a Student Aid Report (SAR) - tells you what is your Need-Based Aid eligibility
- An ISIR (electronic copy of SAR) is made available to colleges/universities as well as state agencies that provide need-based aid
- If you don't qualify for Need-Based aid, most students qualify for unsubsidized Stafford Loans
- Grants vs Loans - Grants - financial aid you qualify for based on need and are NOT paid back. Loans - financial aid for students to attend college but ARE paid back